Getting Serious about Seeking God:
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
With this verse in mind, I have a very special assignment for you! I want you to join me for THREE DAYS of SEEKING GOD.
For the next 3 days, I’m asking you to do the following:
- Start the day with a simple prayer asking God to reveal Himself to you in some special way on this day.
- Remind God of His promise from Jeremiah 29:13: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
- Ask God to show you that He is with you on this day. Invite Him to be a part of your list of tasks and responsibilities for that day.
Then, either throughout the day or at the end of the day, take a few minutes to journal what God shows you in that day. It can be simple thoughts or beautifully crafted words … but write down how God has revealed Himself to you. I’ve added some space for you to journal at the end of the Week 3 Homework.
This Week’s Assignment:
1) Read Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of Autism’s Hidden Blessing
2) Download the Homework for this Unit. You can do so by clicking here:
(PDF format): AHB Online Study Homework Week 3 Homework
3) Watch the Video Message for this week’s study:
4) After you have completed your homework, please complete the journal questions below.
Please feel free to comment about your observations from this week’s assignment. You can post a question and/or discuss the homework and video here.
Question #1 – List 3 special needs that you have right now:
Question #2 – List 3 Special Needs that have been met in the last 6 months:
Question #3 – How often do you ask God to meet your special needs?
I never ask God to help meet our need/s.
I sometimes ask God to help meet our need/s.
I usually ask God to help meet our need/s.
Question #4 – If you have asked God to help meet a need, did you do it expectantly (expecting God to meet a Biblical promise) and consistently (in daily conversations with the Promise Keeper)?
Question #5 – If you followed the Special Assignment “a THREE DAYS of SEEKING GOD,” what did God reveal to you?
PREVIEW OF NEXT WEEK’S STUDY:
In Chapters 6, we’ll talk about wisdom, including a special Biblical promise that we can depend on when we need a dose of wisdom in our day. Then in Chapter 7, I’ll tell you about the Greatest Therapy for autism, what it is, and how your family can have it, too! Stay tuned!